If you know what music streaming services are, you’ve probably heard of a popular platform called Spotify at least once. It’s real giant in the streaming world. It has a very large number of fans all over the world. However, what is it about the streaming service that people like so much?
Well, here’s what the Spotify app offers its subscribers:
- a music library of 70 million unrepeatable songs;
- more than 4 million interesting thematic playlists;
- the ability to listen to music offline in the absence of the Internet;
- unique mechanisms for matching music based on your preferences;
- opportunity to create playlists by yourself and make them collaborative.
The application is available in different versions and can be used on any device.
Spotify subscribers get access to all these functions and much more for a modest fee.
It is difficult not to appreciate all the benefits of this music platform. However, some users are very interested to get the answer to the following question: “Can you tell if someone listens to your Spotify playlist?” or how it can be done.
Not everyone customer knows about the above-mentioned function, most users think that this service is not available in Spotify, so it is possible to say that it is a kind of “secret functions”. So, the Spotify application allows you to monitor what music your friends are listening to in real-time. To do this, you have to link your Facebook account to your Spotify account. Just make some simple steps:
- In the right-hand column, click on the button Find Friends.
- In the window that appears, click on the Bind Facebook account button.
- Next, select the friends you want to subscribe to.
After that, on the right side, you’ll see a list of your friends and songs they’re listening to right now, or the track being played last. So, if you’re interested in whether your friends are listening to your playlists right now, you’ll be able to find out. Your friends can subscribe to your account and keep track of what you’re listening to. If you want to hide some information from them, you can do it using the settings.
On Mac and PC you should use the following algorithm:
1. Click on the arrow next to your profile.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Turn off the toggle switch next to the button Show what I’m listening to on Spotify.
1. Go to the Privacy settings.
2. Turn off the toggle switch next to My Activity.
After these actions, it will be impossible to see what songs you are listening to. This will not affect the quality of your recommendations.
If after all steps described above you haven’t subscribed to Spotify but you want to try this or any other service, the popular application MusConv will help you to transfer there all your music tracks. All you need to do is to download the application, sign up and start your free trial period, after that you can move your music content wherever you want.