Grammy is the music festival of the American Academy of Sound Recording, founded in 1958. One of the most prestigious festivals in modern music, as you can equalize with the Oscar award in cinematography.
Briefly about the Grammy 2023.
Beyoncе received 4 awards in 9 nominations and became the record holder for the number of statuettes in her career – she now has 32. British conductor Georg Solti has 31.
The awards for the best album of the year and the best pop album went to Harry Styles. At the same time, the locomotive of this album, the superhit “As It Was”, did not receive a single statuette.
For the first time in history, a transgender woman received a Grammy. She became Kim Petras, who took the statuette for the Best Duet together with Sam Smith for the track Unholy.
- Kendrick Lamar received all major awards for hip-hop.
- Ozzy Osbourne won all the major rock awards.
- The best entry in Lizzo. The best song by blues legend Bonnie Raitt.
- Taylor Swift has only one Grammy – for the best music video.
- The main awards for the alternative were taken by the indie rock duo Wet Leg.
- Adele has one statuette for the best solo performance — “Easy On Me”.
Everyone is talking about Bad Bunny’s performance, which breaks records for both streaming and tour earnings (for example, he earned more than $400 million in 2022).
What do you think? The change in the leadership of the Academy of Sound Recording was clearly beneficial. Updating the members of the jury, too. And the industry is returning to its basics, so country and blues are back on top.