With the appearance of music streaming services, life has become much easier and interesting for millions of music lovers. Now, if you are a passionate music fan, just pay a certain fee and get a subscription to the service you like. That’s why there is no longer a need to buy vinyl records, CDs, or cassettes to enjoy favorite tracks in today’s reality.
Let’s take a look at a popular music platform Spotify and its very interesting feature called collaborative playlists.
Specifics of the application
Spotify is a well-known Swedish application that provides its subscribers with a pretty impressive amount of music – 50 million various compositions. Customers of this music service have such opportunities:
- get offline access to favorite music content;
- listen to individual songs or albums of popular artists;
- find music for different types of activity (for example, music for fitness training);
- listen to music on a smartphone, tablet, personal computer, on PlayStation, Chrome cast, on TV, and with smart speakers;
- create personal playlists that you can share with your friends.
Not every customer knows about this convenient feature of Spotify. However, it is really great when users can share their personal playlists with friends or family members. This original feature named a collaborative playlist, and it allows all members to:
- change the order of the tracks in it;
- add their favorite tracks to the existed music content;
- delete songs.
Read the algorithm of how to create a collaborative playlist?
Use your own phone or tablet and make some steps through the Spotify app.
- Go to the My Library item of the main menu.
- Select the playlist you want to share with.
- Click the add user icon.
- Select the button Make Collaborative.
The process will be slightly different for personal computers; however, it is easy to understand the basic principle of it. After you’ve done all of these steps, it’s time to add your friends to the shared playlist. If you want to get access to one of your friends, use the easiest way to do that. Just send him a copied link to the playlist through email or messenger.
However, how do I add a group to a playlist on Spotify, you may ask. In order to make it as simple as possible, you can send a link to a collaborative playlist in a message to each person separately. Also, you can create a group chat and send the link there. Remember that after it every member gets access to your playlist.
If you’re interested in this Spotify function and want to try this service, the special MusConv application will help you to transfer saved music content there without a problem. All you need to do is to download this application, register, and start transferring your music data from the old platform to the new one.