Streaming services on Spotify are not limited to music. You can stream, download, and listen to your favorite podcasts there. Though, when you ask, “How do I get podcasts on Spotify?” you need answers about how to find interesting podcasts or episodes, subscribe to them, and download them to your device to listen conveniently on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
When you subscribe to a podcast on Spotify, you get it added to the Your Library section. The app can also group your followed podcasts for easy access. They are listed by the date of the latest episodes that will appear at the top of Your Library Podcast list.
You can find and follow podcasts on any of your devices, such as Android, iOS, and Windows 10, when you download specific Spotify apps for these operating systems. You need to do the following:
- Open the Spotify app and log in.
- Click “Search” and look for the podcast’s genre and title. You can also go to “See All Podcasts” and scroll the list down if your podcast is not at the top.
- Tap the name and read the information about the podcast or listen to its episodes.
- Click “Follow” if you want to follow the podcast you liked. The podcasts followed by you will automatically go to “Your Library.”
- Click “Your Library” if you want to listen to the chosen podcast again.
You can also download the podcasts for offline listening from Spotify. The option is available on the IOS and Android apps for Spotify Premium subscribers only. To download the podcast on your device, you need to do the following:
- tap “Your Library”;
- tap “Podcasts”;
- choose the name of the podcast;
- scroll down the list of episodes to choose from;
- tap “Download” in the pop-up menu.
The downloaded episodes will be available from the episode list or via “Your Library – Podcasts – Downloads.”
You can add podcast episodes on Spotify either to regular playlists in “Your Library” or to the “Queue.” It is a temporary playlist that shows what is going to play next. To add the episode to the “Queue,” you need to tap the ellipsis located to the right and then tap “Add to Queue.”
Listening to podcasts on Spotify is pretty beneficial because, unlike Stitcher, Google, or Apple Podcasts, you need only one app with a simple UI and wider device support for Smart Speaker in cars, apart from IOS, Android, and windows. In addition, the algorithm of Spotify can recommend new podcasts based on the previous episodes you have downloaded or listened to before.