What is Alexa?
Technology has developed so rapidly in this century. Alexa is a result of technological advancement. This is nothing but a cloud service of Amazon, which is based on voice, which means the user can provide voice command in the device rather than tapping any button or clicking any icon. More specifically, this service is a combination of Artificial intelligence and Cloud Computing. Alexa started its journey in 2014, and up to 2019, it is used by almost 100 million people over 40 countries.
How does it work?
The most effective advantage of Alexa is that it can interact with the device due to its AI service. The equipment gets itself connected with Wi-Fi to the internet, and then, when it hears the magical name of itself, it wakes up and starts following the next vocal direction. After getting voice commands, Alexa sends the commands to a cloud service named Alexa Voice Service. This cloud service interprets the command and then provide feedback with an appropriate response.
How to Use Voice Command with Alexa?
There are a few steps for starting Alexa to follow your voice commands. The steps are listed below.
If you want to queue up your device, you need to call it by “Alexa” if you want to change this wake-up word, just you can change it from the mobile application or echo.amazon.com.
- To train Alexa in your voice, you need to download Amazon Alexa on your Android or iOS phone. You can also visit alexa.amazon.com for downloading.
- Once you have downloaded the app, you need to go to the settings option for which you need to tap the hamburger button on the top left corner.
- From the settings menu, you select Accounts and then choose Your Voice
- The tap Begin button to start on.
- From the drop-down menu, select the nearest Alexa speaker and then tap Done and then Next.
- In this step, if you have any other Alexa speaker nearby, mute them or stop them.
- In this step, you need to speak ten commands and then tap Next once you have finished saying one command.
Finally, when you are done with your voice recording, give Alexa some time to learn your voice. Once the device has learned your voice, it will automatically recognize your voice when you speak. Once the process is finished, Alexa will respond to your voice as you talk. Such as, if you ask for music, Alexa will play music based on your music choices. Again, if anyone else from your home asks for music, it will play music based on their preferences.