SoundCloud is a streaming platform and website for the distribution of digital audio information, managing the functions of a social network and a single organization. Here are some tips on how to make money from your tracks on this popular audio platform SoundCloud:
- Join SoundCloud Premier: SoundCloud Premier is a program that allows eligible creators to earn money from their tracks through advertising revenue. To join, you’ll need to meet certain requirements and apply through the SoundCloud website.
- Use the SoundCloud Premier Monetization Platform: Once you’re a member of SoundCloud Premier, you can use the Premier Monetization Platform to set up ads on your tracks and start earning money. You’ll have the option to choose which tracks you want to monetize, and can set a minimum price for your content.
- Promote your tracks: The more people who listen to your tracks on SoundCloud, the more money you’ll be able to make. Make sure to promote your tracks through your own social media accounts and by reaching out to music blogs and websites.
- Offer exclusive content: One way to earn more money from your music on SoundCloud is to offer exclusive content to your fans. This could be anything from early access to new tracks, to behind-the-scenes content or live performances. You can set up a subscription service or offer exclusive content for sale on your profile.
- Collaborate with other artists: Collaborating with other artists on SoundCloud can be a great way to promote your music and reach a larger audience. You can work together on new tracks, or simply promote each other’s music to your respective followers.
While it has many benefits, there are also some drawbacks to using the platform. Here are some pros and cons of using SoundCloud:
- Access to a wide range of audio content: SoundCloud hosts a diverse range of audio content, including music from established artists, as well as tracks from up-and-coming musicians and DJs.
- Easy sharing of audio content: SoundCloud makes it easy for users to share their own audio content with others. Musicians and audio creators can use the platform to share their work with a larger audience and get feedback from other users.
- Integration with other platforms: SoundCloud has integrations with a range of other platforms, including social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, which makes it easy to share tracks and connect with a larger audience.
- Availability on multiple devices: SoundCloud is available on a range of devices, including desktop computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
- Limited control over content: SoundCloud has the right to remove content that violates its terms of service, which means that users may not have complete control over the audio they upload.
- Limited monetization options: While SoundCloud does offer a Premier program that allows eligible creators to earn money from their tracks, the monetization options are relatively limited compared to other platforms like Spotify or Apple Music.
- Lack of a free tier: While there is a free version of SoundCloud, it is limited in terms of the content that is available and the features that are offered. Users who want access to all of the content and features will need to pay for a subscription.
- Relatively small user base: While SoundCloud has a large and active user base, it is still smaller than other music streaming platforms like Spotify or Apple Music.