Apple Music is one of the largest music streaming services in the world. Subscribers have access to 60 million songs of various genres and directions. A new user is given three months of free access to the entire music library for a trial period, and then he can continue using the service on a subscription basis.
However, not all masterpieces of world music are included in the cherished 60 million tracks. And it’s silly to require it from any streaming service, be it Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, YouTube Music, or anything else. So, it makes perfect sense to ask, how to put music on Apple music?
To do this, we need either a Mac device with the Apple Music application or a Windows computer with iTunes installed. The menu items and the sequence of operations are almost identical.
Let us explain the whole process using the iTunes app.
- Find the needed track on the internet. Fortunately, today there are many websites where it is possible to download the desired track in mp3 format and with a good bitrate for free.
- As soon as the original file is saved in the “Downloads” folder on your computer, open iTunes.
- Select “Add File to Media Library” from the File menu.
- In the Windows Explorer (or Finder on Mac), select this mp3 file.
- Navigate to the downloaded song in iTunes. (As you can see the music player does not show the album artwork or the correct artist’s name. But this is easy to fix if you click on a track and select information about the song. In this window you can edit both the title and the cover art).
- After editing, our song appears in your iTunes library in the correct format. Then just wait for it to be uploaded to the cloud so that it is available on all the gadgets where Apple Music is connected. As a rule, everything happens automatically and quickly. The characteristic “uploaded” with a tick near the song name is a confirmation of the success of the loading.
This option is suitable for ordinary users only because it uploads music to your personal collection. However, if you are an artist and want to publish your compositions, two options are available to you. The first is to work on your own and upload your tracks with the help of Apple Music for Artists. And the second is to work through an intermediary company. You should send them your songs and they will put them on the music platform.
Do you want to migrate from an old music service to a new one? The simple and convenient application MusConv will transport your entire music library in a few minutes. Want to check it out? Visit the site and download it.