Spotify is the market leader in streaming music worldwide. And this situation has been around for a long time. The Swedish music streaming service has many useful and effective features, one of which is music recommendations.
The accuracy of Spotify’s music recommendations is sometimes staggering. The service takes into account not only the songs listened to and the user’s favorite musical genres, but even his mood, which changes periodically.
Yes, indeed, one of the most useful features of Spotify is recommendations, which allow you to create playlists based on personal preferences. With proper use of the platform, you can customize the playlist for yourself, reset or update data based on personal preferences.
First, let’s take a look at how Spotify recommendations work for regular users. Preferences are formed on the basis of the following points:
- Setting likes while listening to a song.
- Hiding a track while listening.
- Getting recommendations in Spotify when playing music. The system periodically selects tracks based on the playlist name and already added tracks.
The service sees the user’s preferences and gives out new items as the person changes or creates playlists. The more music a user listens to, the more accurate results they get.
Where can I find recommendations in Spotify? In fact, all the proposed playlists and compositions in them are tips for the user based on preferences. To view additional system offers, follow these steps:
- Access one of the playlists in your library.
- Scroll to the very bottom.
- Look at the recommended compositions of the system.
A lot of user questions are about how to set up Spotify recommendations and if it can be done. For these purposes, a special algorithm is used to provide up-to-date advice to users. You can follow these steps to set up:
- Skip tracks that you don’t like (read more here). If a person has not listened to a song for up to 30 seconds and turned it off, Spotify decides that there is no interest in the track. In this case, a decision is made to remove it from the recommendations.
- Keep listening to new music. Please note that when you select a different genre, Spotify will not immediately switch to new tracks. If a person continues to listen to new songs, Spotify will update the list over time.
- Make your own playlists and listen to the radio. Above, we noted how Spotify makes recommendations: it focuses on the user’s playlists and their content. If you want to create a thematic selection, Spotify will understand this idea and help you realize it. Do not forget about the importance of radio, on the basis of which the service also forms an opinion about your preferences.
The Spotify application does not reveal the essence of the algorithms, but the principles of their formation are transparent. A person receives recommendations based on current preferences. A short audition does not affect major edits.
Many questions relate to how to reset recommendations in Spotify. There are no specific proposals in this regard, and it will take some time to change the algorithm. Sometimes it’s faster to create a new account and reconfigure your music preferences. Alternatively, you can use a temporary e-mail, which is issued for a few minutes, and then destroyed.