Deezer is a French-born music streaming service that currently boasts a catalog as rich as its main competitors.
Among the most popular features of the service is the ability to listen to playlists, both user-created and automatic. In fact, when using Flow mode, new tracks are automatically suggested based on previously expressed ratings and preferences.
Deezer has five different subscription plans. For everyone, a free trial version lasting one month is possible. So, the rates for the popular French music streaming service are as follows:
• Deezer Free: This is a free plan (just sign up to use it) that allows you to listen to your entire music collection on Deezer with some restrictions. From the desktop, you can select tracks that will be interspersed with advertising. This platform allows you to listen to music in Flow format (therefore, as we already mentioned, in automatic playlists created based on the user’s favorite songs). However, on other devices, only random playback may be available. Song quality is limited to a maximum of 128 Kbps.
• Deezer Premium : allows you to listen to the entire Deezer catalog from one account, with some additional features (eg download songs for offline listening). The playback format is mp3 with a maximum resolution of 320 kbps. It costs €9.99 per month or €89.91 per year.
• Deezer Family: Premium subscription for 6 users. It costs €12.99 per month.
• Deezer Premium Student: This costs €4.99 per month.
• Deezer HiFi: With this plan, you can listen to music in the highest quality (FLAC , 16bit 44.1kHz, but still lower than the HD competitors offer). It is compatible with a large number of audio systems and allows you to listen to 360 Reality Audio tracks (immersive 3D sound designed for music streaming). It costs €14.99 per month.
However, there is one detail worth considering, especially if you are interested in listening to music in high definition. Neither iPhones nor Apple headphones can play music from the catalog at the maximum bitrate, but stop at 24-bit and 48kHz. Those who want to hear songs in the highest quality offered by this music streaming service will definitely need to use a DAC and a pair of wired headphones.
At a fairly competitive price, it allows you to listen to music in high definition, with wide compatibility between devices and audio systems. Its catalog includes about 70 million tracks in the main languages of the world.
Among the strengths of the platform is definitely that it is a great application with an intuitive use and a nice interface. For those who prefer not to install anything on their computer (or maybe work), they can still listen to music in the browser via a web player.
While Deezer doesn’t really stand out from its competitors, it’s an excellent music streaming service: it has a very comprehensive catalog (comparable to Spotify), many tracks are available in high quality, and are compatible with a wide range of devices.