Swedish music platform Spotify, which was launched in 2006, has a lot to offer artists. But the main goal of this music service is the promotion of new tracks, and most artists are interested in this possibility.
Therefore, the Spotify platform can offer performers:
- more than 300 million potential listeners;
- opportunity to receive data about listeners (age; sex; place of residence; other artists who are interesting to them);
- in your profile it is possible to post personal information with links to social networks, links for money collection, as well as information about tours and concerts. (This makes it easier for the listener to find out information about you and get in touch with you.)
How it is possible to sign up for Spotify for Artists?
- Download and open the application.
- Create a standard user account (if you don’t have one already). To do this, fill in all the required fields with information.
- Once you already have an active account, go to artists.spotify.com.
- In the window that opens, select the Get Access function. The button is in the top right corner.
- Then select your category (artist, manager, or label member) from the provided options.
- Click Continue and in the next window insert the link to your account.
- Once you have done this, the Spotify team should approve your request within 24 hours and you will have access to Spotify for artists.
After confirming the status of your account, you should provide as much information about yourself as possible. To do this, you need to fill out an artist card. Write a brief biography and post your avatar.
If you haven’t added any tracks to the platform, you should look for a trustworthy music distributor who can help you. That’s the kind of company that will be able to assist you with the release of your tracks.
Apart from that, there are a number of other things that you should consider:
- to release a song, it is advisable to upload it to the platform a little earlier and write all the details and description of the song, and this will help editors review it faster.
- you can offer only one track at a time.
- remember that the song you want to upload to the streaming service must not have been previously uploaded to the platform.
To migrate to Spotify from your old music service, just use the special program MusConv. It will transfer your personal music library in a couple of minutes and you won’t lose any tracks. If you want to have a look at how it works and try it out, sign up and start your trial period.