Deezer is a very popular music streaming platform all over the world and a direct competitor to the world music industry leader Spotify. But while many people use it, most people don’t know about all of its features.
If you want to find a song you don’t know the name of, SongCatcher is Deezer’s version of Shazam and other apps that can identify a song when the phone records it with its microphones. Like its competitors, it is quite nimble and constantly updated, even recognizing new releases.
- Just click on the magnifying glass icon in Search, Deezer will do the recognition, and that’s it.
- Click “Search”;
- In the “From sound” section, click “What song is this?” button;
- Let the mobile phone listen to the song until it gives a result.
You can send a snippet of text with album or playlist art, artist, and song title to Instagram Stories so they know what you’re listening to. Here are a few steps to take.
- Tap the three dots on the cover (if the song has one, tap the Lyrics button);
- Open the music player while the song is playing;
- Click “Share to Instagram Stories”;
- Select an excerpt and click “Share to Instagram Stories” again;
- The selection will be sent to Stories, edit as you wish.
You can put Deezer to sleep after a certain amount of time, which is a useful feature for those who sleep listening to music but don’t want their phone to ring all the time.
The Top Songs section lists the last 100 tracks you listened to, making it easy to find the song you just listened to and can’t remember the name of.
- Click “My Music” and then “Playlists”;
- Scroll through the playlist until you find “Top Songs”, click on it.
If you subscribe to a Hi-Fi plan, you can use Deezer with your favorite virtual assistant. The platform works with Siri (iPhone), Google Assistant (Android) and Alexa (Amazon), allowing you to play your favorite tracks, the Flow playlist, or play tracks in random order using only compatible voice commands.
The main feed in the Home section usually recommends new albums and popular playlists, which is a very good resource for those who are constantly looking for news. There are sections for releases, podcasts (like Tecnocast ) and lists created by the platform’s curators, as well as tags that separate songs by style. Notifications, if you miss them, can be accessed through the bell icon present in My Music.
Among the most important usage tips is to adjust the sound quality of Deezer depending on the plan you are subscribed to.
Deezer Family allows you to create up to 6 profiles associated with an administrator account, where everyone can use the service on their devices without interfering with the work of others. Everyone will have their own favorite directory, separated from other profiles.
You can even create profiles for kids that highlight content specifically for kids and teens according to their age group.