Today, music streaming services offer a wide variety of options, allowing modern music lovers to easily find any music that suits their taste. However, users of music platforms have long concluded that creating their own playlists simplifies and speeds up this process. You can create a collection of songs based on a specific theme or mood, but how can you create the perfect playlist that matches your taste and, at the same time, includes a diverse range of music?
The answer is simple: fill your playlist with hits from various genres. Such a mix will be enjoyable to listen to, no matter what you’re doing.
Here are a few examples of such tracks:
- Timeless classics: Despite their release dates, some songs still touch the delicate strings of the soul, remaining relevant and captivating listeners from generation to generation. Songs like “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen, “Imagine” by John Lennon, and “Hotel California” by Eagles are timeless classics. They still evoke emotions and resonate with listeners. They bring a touch of nostalgia and musical brilliance, so we recommend including them in your playlist.
- Feel-good anthems: Sometimes we all need a pick-me-up, and feel-good anthems are the perfect remedy. In songs like “Happy” by Pharrell Williams, “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey, and “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor, you’ll find both uplifting melodies and inspiring lyrics that can instantly lift your mood. These songs will be the best companions on road trips, during workouts, or whenever you need a boost of energy.
- Genre-bending hits: In today’s musical landscape, many artists are experimenting with genre blending, resulting in unique and captivating tracks that defy categorization. Songs like “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd, “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X, and “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars are excellent examples of genre-defying hits that have gained global popularity. These songs offer a fresh sound that can make your playlist more contemporary.
- Songs for relaxation: Admit it, our lives are not always dynamic and filled with energy. There are periods of laziness and relaxation. During such times, music allows us to avoid falling into boredom and truly unwind and recharge. You can include “Clair de Lune” by Claude Debussy or “Weightless” by Marconi Union in your playlist. The soothing atmosphere brought by “The Girl from Ipanema” by Stan Getz and João Gilberto will also contribute to a peaceful state of mind. You’ll enjoy listening to these musical compositions during moments of relaxation.
- Personal preferences: No playlist will be truly personalized without a few personal favorites that speak to your individual taste and memories. These songs can be anything, from a guilty pleasure pop hit to a hidden gem by an indie artist. The important thing is that they resonate with your soul. Including songs that hold personal significance adds uniqueness and makes the playlist truly yours.
By incorporating timeless classics, uplifting anthems, genre-bending hits, relaxation tracks, and personal favorites, you can create a playlist that you’ll listen to more often than others. Remember that your collection should contain tracks that resonate with you, bring joy, motivation, and an emotional connection whenever you hit the play button. Therefore, base your choices not on trends or friends’ recommendations, but solely on your personal preferences. Explore new artists, rediscover old favorites, and create a playlist that becomes your perfect musical companion.