The American company Roku produces set-top boxes that come with remote controls. Of course, this is only one of the directions in the work of the company.
There are two types of remote controls in Roku:
- Ordinary infrared.
- Specialized improved, with which there is no need to select the minimum distance to control the set-top box.
The advanced remotes use the point-anywhere principle of operation, allowing you to control your set-top box anywhere in your home or office.
But, like any technique, advanced remote controls tend to fail periodically. There may be several reasons for this.
If your Roku device came with an advanced Point Anywhere remote, you can try this method. These remotes connect to the device via a wireless network and do not need to be pointed at the device to operate.
Do not forget to check for a stable Internet connection if your device has
To check if your remote is indeed of this type, open the back panel and check if there is a pairing button under the battery compartment. If there is a button, then you are using an improved Roku TV remote. Use these methods to solve problems with it.
- Restart your Roku Stick Remote. The easiest way to fix the improved Roku Streaming Remote is to restart it. Turn off your Roku device and Roku remote, and then turn them back on after 60 seconds. A minute of waiting will be required for an effective reboot. In principle, this time is relevant for rebooting any device.
- Reconnect the remote. Since this remote works on a wireless network, sometimes this problem can be solved by re-pairing it.
You can do this by doing the following:
- Open the battery panel and remove the batteries.
- Turn off your Roku device. Then wait one or two minutes and start it again. When you see the home screen on the TV, then try inserting the attachments into the remote control.
- Press the button to pair the remote and Roku. You can find this button under the battery panel.
- Hold down this button for at least three seconds and you will see the pairing light on the remote control flashing.
The time during which pairing takes place should not exceed one minute. If everything worked out, then the pairing happened. A confirmation appears on the TV screen. Do not forget that you will have to wait a little.
These methods work whether the Roku 3 or Roku 4 remote is working, or the Roku streaming device is down. It doesn’t matter which Roku device you’re using, these methods work pretty well on all of them.
If you have tried all the solutions above and still the Roku Remote is not working, then it probably means that your remote control is permanently broken. In this case, you will have to replace the remote control with a new one. Amazon sells and ships Roku remotes online, you can buy it from this platform or you can purchase the device from a specialty store.